The Killarney Plaza Hotel are looking to recruit a Sous Chef to assist The Head Chef in managing the food operation of the hotel. The Killarney Plaza Hotel is a Four Star 198 Bedroom Hotel operating multiple food outlets.
Duties for this position will include:
- Being responsible for the running of the kitchen in the absence of the head chef
- Assisting the Head Chef in ensuring that the highest quality food is produced for the customers and that it is presented with flair.
- Working with the head chef to generate ideas in the kitchen to update menus regularly to produce a consistently good product.
- In conjunction with the Head Chef manage the food safety aspect of the kitchen and ensuring that the hotel is compliant in all aspects of food safety
- Completing the roster in the absence of the Head Chef
- Dealing with suppliers to ensure the best deal is achieved in terms of price and quality
- Ensuring that all budget targets are met and effective cost controls are in place.
The ideal Candidate will have experience in high volume food operations and will possess excellent communication skills. They will be able to motivate and a develop a team. Previous experience as a Sous Chef would be an advantage.
Commis Chef's required for the The O’Donoghue Ring Hotel Group
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for mise en place and assisting with service in the various food outlets, which include Bar food, Restaurant and Banqueting for up to 250 people.
- Be a good communicator.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Fluent English is essential.
- Have a legal right to work in Ireland.
- Be flexible to move between the group hotels when required
- Have a strong knowledge of HACCP
If you would like to join our team we would be delighted to receive your CV, our contact details are below:
Human Resources Manager, Orna O Mahony
Telephone: +353 (0)64 6621065
There are currently no items in this section.